PURPOSEFOODS® culture, combined with one serving of protein per day, has been shown to increase the absorption of 23 important amino acids over the baseline compared to protein intake without the strain.
Over 25 published, clinical, pre-clinical and biomarker research papers include a wide range of consumers: Families and children, athletes and active people, older adults, health conscious people.
Research supports PURPOSEFOODS® culture ability to help support the following benefits. Below you will find a few highlighted studies.
Kalman DS, Schwartz HI, Alvarez P, Feldman S, Pezzullo JC, Krieger DR.
A Prospective, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Parallel-group Dual Site Trial to Evaluate the Effects of a Bacillus coagulans–based Product on Functional Intestinal Gas SymptomsBMC gastroenterology 2009;9:85.
- Hun L. Bacillus coagulans Significantly Improved Abdominal Pain and Bloating in Patients With IBSPostgrad Med 2009;121:119-24.
- Dolin BJ. Effects of A Proprietary Bacillus coagulans Preparation on Symptoms of Diarrhea–Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 2009;31:655-9.
- Anaya-Loyola MA, Enciso-Moreno JA, Lopez-Ramos JE, Garcia-Marin G, Orozco Alvarez MY, Vega-Garcai AM, Mosqueda J, Garcia-Gutierrez DG, Keller D, Perez-Ramirez IF. Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 decreases upper respiratory and gastrointestinal tract symptoms in healthy Mexican scholar-aged children by modulating immune-related proteins. (2019)
- Kimmel M, Keller D, Farmer S, Warrino DE. A Controlled Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Effect of GanedenBC30 on Immunological Markers Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 2010;32:129-32.
- Keller D, Van Dinter R, Cash H, Farmer S, Venema K Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 increases plant protein digestion in a dynamic, computer-controlled in vitro model of the small intestine Benef Microbes 2017:1-6
- Jäger R, Shields KA, Lowery RP, et al. Probiotic Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 reduces exercise-induced muscle damage and increases recovery PeerJ 2016;4:e2276
- Maathuis AJ, Keller D, Farmer S, Gepner Y, Hoffman JR, Shemesh E, et al. Survival and metabolic activity of the GanedenBC30 strain of Bacillus coagulans in a dynamic in vitro model of the stomach and small intestine. Benef Microbes 2010;1:31-6.
- Gepner Y, Hoffman JR, Shemesh E, et al. The Combined Effect of Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30, 6086 and HMB Supplementation on Muscle Integrity and Cytokine Response during Intense Military Training. J Appl Physiol 2017:jap 01116 2016.